|BRIEF HISTORY :
The triple dome mosque has a three arched façade. The flanking ones are blind. According to local saying, Nawab Alibardi Khan used to come regularly to the mosque to offe rprayer. His eldest daughter Ghasati Begum adopted Ekramulla ,the younger brother of Siraj-ud-Daula, as her son. When Ekramulla died at a young age, Nawaej Muhammad Khan, the husband of Ghasati Begum could not bear the shock and died shortly afterwards. Both of them were buried side by side in the precinct of the mosque.
Motijheel Mosque, which stands adjacent to the western bank of the Motijheel, was built by Nabab Nawaej Muhammad Khanin 1750 A.D. He named it as Kala Masjid, which now well known as Motijheel Mosque.